Wednesday 28 March 2018

Stomach Police


I am in a foreign land
Where everything is foreign
The food I eat
Is foreign I failed
To figure out its taste
No wonder why
I am always chewing
A bubble gum
My way of satisfying
My appetite for
Chewing good food
Why am I here?
I had no option
But to be here
They call it
“A champion’s medal”
Win a race and get one
Indeed the race was scary
I wonder what happened
To my competitors
If they survived
To the land of the living
Or they became food
To the hungry rubbish bins
From the way I see it
The war is not yet over
Until it’s over
Kick out and kick out
I will until
I am out of this foreign land
A land without sweet birds
To sing morning melodies
But just hungry snakes
Always fighting for food
An industry of digestion
Where eating is a
Compulsory subject
Of the matter
Wait until I am born
I will not eat anything
Until I have fully digested
Everything they forced in me!
Kick I will kick
Until I am out
Of this foreign land.

“Stomach Police”


#VaChikepe: The Poet
 
#+263 772 488 777
#vachikepe.blogspot.com  
#februarypoetry/2018/© 


 Photo By: Giulio Palumbo Schiavone



No comments:

Post a Comment