Thursday 12 April 2018

I killed death

I am in love with a beast
No one knows it
Except me and the beast
I have disappeared
From my circles of vicinity
To the secrecy of my knowing
They think I was devoured
In the land of the beasts
The land that devours everything
Except the beasts that live in it
Indeed from an opened mouth
I escaped death with
My own two eyes open
How it happened, it’s difficult to explain
But what I concluded was
I would rather die smiling
Than die crying
I would rather die in smiles
Than die in tears
Without a thought
The beast turned its head
To concentrate on a nearby sudden sound
Like I was holding a big machete
I jumped on the beast-back
And I smoothly and softly killed death
As if I was quickly moving my machete
With all the power of my hands, arms and body
So as to quickly machete out the beast’s head
Out of death, life was given
And we all survived from all our fears
From that day onwards, I realized
The best way to kill death
Is to give life!
Without life death can die
And with life death do live
Death needs life to live
And with life death lives on!
We live with living death
That failed to die
Living death afraid of dead death
For her-she knows
Wherever there is life
I live on!
On and on and on…
Indeed I killed death!
I did not kill
The dead death
But I killed
The living death.

“I killed death”

#VaChikepe: The Poet

#+263 772 488 777
#vachikepe.blogspot.com
#aprilpoetry/2018/©



Photo By: Javier PeƱas

No comments:

Post a Comment